Ink, Press, Repeat: National Juried Printmaking and Book Art Exhibition
William Paterson University Galleries, Wayne, New Jersey
2013 - 2017
Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here
A traveling exhibit curated by Beau Beausoleil, San Francisco, California, with co-curator
Sarah Bodman, University of the West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom.
On March 5, 2007, a car bomb exploded on Al-Mutanabbi Street in Baghdad destroying
the heart of the city’s centuries-old literary district. Dozens were killed and wounded in
the attack on the area famous for its booksellers, printers, and literary cafés. San Francisco
bookseller Beau Beausoleil read about the incident and sent out an international call to artists
and writers to respond solidarity. The project, called “Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here,”
began with a show of 133 letterpress-printed broadsides that continues to tour the world,
and has evolved over nine years to include 262 artists’ books, a literary anthology published
in August 2012, and a subsequent call to printmakers.
Artist’s book: The Street of the Poet has been exhibited in Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts
Here shows at the following venues:
• George Mason University, School of Art & Fenwick Library, Washington, D.C.
• The American University in Cairo, Rare Books & Special Collections Library, Cairo, Egypt
• The Hague Public Library, The Netherlands
• Herron School of Art and Design, The Herron Art Library of IUPUI-Indiana University-
Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana
• The Cambridge Arts Council, Cambridge, Massachusetts
• The Center for Fine Print Research, University of Western England, Bristol,
• Columbia University, Butler Library, New York, New York
• The John Rylands Library, Manchester, United Kingdom
• San Francisco Center for the Book, San Francisco, California
• The Powell Library Rotunda, University of California, Los Angeles, California
Sacred / Profane
Sandy Gallery, Portland, Oregon. Curated by Jim Carmin and Laura Russell.
Beyond Borders Art Exhibition 2014
House of Lebanon, Los Angeles, California. Curated and judged by Reem Hammad
and Carole Choucair Oueijan.
San Francisco Center for the Book, San Francisco, California. Curated by
Laura Russell. Jurors: Rich Spelker, Timothy Elly, and Gredl Löfkvist.
Beyond Borders Art Exhibition 2013
House of Lebanon, Los Angeles, California. Curated and juried by Reem Hammad
and Carole Choucair Oueijan.
Art of the Book 4
Artists’ Union Gallery, Ventura, California. Juror: Elena Mary Siff.
Show and Bestow: The Ruth Hughes Collection of Artists’ Books at:
• The Free Library of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Oberlin College Library, Oberlin, Ohio
Book Arts Exhibit
Yavapai College Library, Prescott, Arizona
Sedona Art Show
Sedona Arts Center, Sedona, Arizona
Black/White [and Read]
Curated by Gloria Helfgott, Los Angeles, USA; co-curated by Sarah Bodman,
Bristol, United Kingdom and exhibited at the following venues:
• The New York Center For The Book, New York, New York
• The San Francisco Center for the Book, San Francisco, California
• The Cerritos Library, Cerritos, California
• University of Western England, Bristol, United Kingdom
• The Center for Book Arts, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Cutting Edge Books
Pacific Center for the Book Arts, California State University East Bay Gallery,
Hayward, California. Jurors Michael Henninger, Tanya Wilkinson, and Priscilla Otani.
6th Biennial Artists’ Book Juried Exhibition
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, La Jolla, California. Juror: Victoria Steele.